Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Is Here!

Spring is in the air today as Integrity Toys/Fashion Royalty announced their new doll  line in three (OMG, yes THREE!) different categories;
Poppy Parker at the 1965 International Fair(?), Jem's arch-rivals The Misfits and Fashion Royalty Classic!

I won't bore you with all the pics of the dolls, but I will show you one or two from each.

I'm not made of money and have limited space in my den (HOARDER) so I have to be very choosy what dolls I pick (yah, right).

Here from the Poppy Parker 1965 International Fair is Switzerland;




Very cool...pun intended.
There are also Poppy India, Spain, Japan and Polynesia (who is wayyy cute and I might have to nab her up!)

Not sure why "1965 International Fair"
There was a 1964-1965 World's Fair held in New York City that I actually attended with my parents.  I was only 4, but I remember it extremely well  for two reasons;
1) I got to drive a futuristic Cadillac convertible (take a breath, it was on railroad-like tracks)
and
2) I peed the bed in the hotel room

That's all I remember...and I'm quite sorry to have remembered the second thingy.

I digress....

Next up are the two Dania Zarr dolls  from the "Classic" FR collection
Dania Irresistible and Dania Nostalgia respectively;




Irresistible is HOT but alas, couldn't be found anywhere.
I will have to wait for a good Ebay sniper-rooni (see in my blog "How to snipe on Ebay")
Nostalgia is so elegant, and the clothes on both are exquisitely made.

Last up is the Yang to the Ying of Jen and the Hollograms;
The Misfits.
The Misfits were the band from the TV cartoon who were always trying to upstage Jem and her group. 
In the last episode of the TV show, Jem and The Misfits declared a truce.

The second rival band were "The Stingers" who we may see from Integrity in the future?

Here is my favorite, Roxy Pellegrini from The Misfits...very awesome!




These dolls are flying off the cyber shelves and most websites were hit hard.
In most web-stores, all that could be found were strands of loose doll hair and a cracked rhinestone.
However, since I have a limited following, I am going to share the secret place I go to for my "Integrity Fix";

www.toynk.com

Since it has "toy" in the name, most doll snatchers bypass this gem of a site. 
Who knows why? 
Maybe they affiliate "toys" with G.I. Joes and wouldn't dream of their precious doll in cahoots with a rough army type who is "reporting for duty!"?
Maybe they think they won't find any dolls here and it is just a flash in the pan like many websites these days?

Trust me, I'm not complaining.

This great webstore had them ALL,  and I took total advantage of that fact.
They also have a flat rate 5 dollar and some change domestic shipping. Can't beat that, especially when you pay 12-15 bucks (ripoff ) at other webstores that shall remain nameless. 
There are still many dolls left, so hop on over and have a look-see, but shhhhhhhhh!


I leave you with Creepy Doll of the Month;


                                                                why I don't have a cat








No comments:

Post a Comment